Letters, invoices and bank statements form the basis of the communication iceberg with your customers. They are a central element of the customer experience. Yet the opportunity to communicate meaningful and informative messages is often missed. The printing of transaction documents is thus a major, yet essentially overlooked, marketing opportunity.
Transaction documents have the potential to be transformed into a driving force for customer communication and to become a central element in your marketing mix.
The key trends
Three trends are influencing the transformation of transaction documents
- Consolidation of individual items of content – e.g., inserts and information sheets for a more effective and clearer document with greater impact
- Multiple channels – Connection of print, mobile and online content
- Targeted message and customer experience tailored to persons and segments – even in the same print run
- Each transaction document offers a significant communication opportunity (95% are read).
- Each document presents the opportunity to communicate a message and get what you want to say heard (on average 4 minutes are spent reading transaction documents).
- Each document can make a contribution to creating a positive customer experience